Truvia® Breakfast Bars
For the Fruity Bars
|2tsp||Truvia Granulated Sweetener|
|150g||Dried Dates (Stoned)|
|3tbsp||Orange or Apple Juice|
|150g||Dried Mixed Fruits|
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (fan 170°C, gas mark 5). Grease and line a shallow 17.5cm-square tin with baking paper.
- Peel, core and slice the apple and toss with the Truvia®. Place in a medium pan with 2 tsp water.
- Cover the pan and put it on the hob over a medium heat. Simmer for 4 minutes, stir and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until the apple is beginning to become fluffy (you could also do this in the microwave). Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Put the dates and juice in a food processor and whizz until smooth. Add the stewed apple and whiz for a further 5 seconds.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over a low heat. Add the date purée and all of the other ingredients except the sesame seeds.
- Stir well, then press into the tin, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and press with the back of a spoon. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until just golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Cut into slices in the tin. Cool completely before turning out and cutting into slices.