This dark, delicious and indulgent pudding is heaven on a plate. Unbelievably simple to make, this is definitely one for all coffee lovers to try.
For the sponge
- 50g Unrefined dark muscovado sugar
- 110g Butter (unsalted)
- 2 Egg yolk(s) (free range)
- 75g Self-raising white flour
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
For the sauce
- 225g Demerara Sugar
- 25g Cocoa powder (sifted)
- 225ml Milk (whole)
- 4 tbsp Coffee liqueur
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan, gas mark 4).
- Beat together all the sponge ingredients until light and fluffy and even textured
- Spoon into a buttered 1 litre (1¾ pint) baking dish.
- To make the sauce, combine the sugar and cocoa powder and sprinkle over the top of the mixture.
- Mix the milk and liqueur and pour over the top of the cocoa and sugar. Do not stir.
- Bake for about 1 hour until the sponge is firm.