Prosecco and Strawberry Cupcakes
These cupcakes are really something. These contain one of the Nation's favourite bubbly drinks, Prosecco.
For the Cake
|175g||Self Raising Flour|
For the Filling and Icing
|1tsp||Vanilla Bean Paste|
- Preheat your oven to 180ºc/160ºc fan and line a 12-hole muffin tin with lining cases
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one
at a time with a tablespoon of flour each time and beat well until combined. Fold
in the remaining flour and then gently mix in the prosecco to make a mixture
with a smooth dropping consistency.
- Fill each cake case about 2/3 full. If you want to be really precise, each case will
have about 50g in it.
- Bake in your preheated oven for about 25 minutes until well risen and springy.
- As soon as the cakes are out of the oven, remove the cakes from the tin and leave
them to cool on a rack in their cases.
- While the cakes are cooling soak your strawberries in the Prosecco. Make the
icing by whisking the butter, icing sugar, vanilla bean paste and milk until they
are smooth and combined. If you can, use a stand mixer for this and whisk for 5
whole minutes. The longer you whisk the softer and lighter the icing will
- When the cakes are cool, cut a strawberry sized hole in the top and push in a
whole, soaked strawberry. Do this for all 12 cakes. Finally pipe or spread your
buttercream onto each cake.
- Serve soon as the strawberries will make the cake damp inside.